Thursday, January 31, 2013

What is in a name?



Apparently everything! If Shakespeare had the internet, Juliet would have known better!

When I originally started this blog, the idea was to start off on blogger and then move it to a dot com where I could add things like plan down loads, videos, as well as my shop. The name, at that time, didn’t exist anywhere. Then I mothballed it. The blog went dormant.

Now I have returned. As I look at the world of social media, I find that the name, “Homemade Workshop” as well, “The Homemade Workshop” already exist in dot coms, Facebook, Twitter, and many other areas. Funny thing though, no two accounts belong to the same person! 

Maybe it is a good thing. The Homemade Workshop doesn’t really sum up what I do and I don’t think it draws people in. I would like to think that someone out there actually wants to read my blog. So, I need a name that will grab their attention. 

Now don’t go changing your RSS feeds just yet (all two of you). For now, I will continue to publish on this site. However, change for the better, is coming. 

Have an idea for a name? Send it to me. If I use it I’ll send you one of my Wood PensJ. Just to make sure some joker doesn’t steal suggested names, I won’t be publishing any comments until after the change.

Coming next week - The "Glue Up Table" project begins and The Steampunk Pen Update....long overdue!

Until next time,
Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment